The Plant Engineering Intern works closely with the Plant Manager, Operations Manager, and the Maintenance Manager to maximize efficiencies of plant operations while optimizing plant run time. The Plant Engineering Intern troubleshoots and identifies process needs to maintain production levels and assists in the development of predicative and preventative maintenance programs.
1. Some or all of the following projects/research/initiates relating to plant operations may be assigned throughout the duration of the internship:
d. Process Optimization
f. Compile & Analyze data
g. Plant specific research
h. Environmental Compliance
2. Work with Plant Manager, Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager on operation/troubleshooting issues.
3. Work with the Maintenance Manager and Plant Manager to begin implementation of predictive maintenance programs.
4. Work with the plant maintenance department and outside vendors to assist in the ongoing development of the preventative maintenance program. The Plant Engineering Intern will determine applicable equipment, needed tools, and required inspection frequencies.
5. Work with the management team to further strengthen and develop plant operating procedures.
6. Maintain confidentiality relating to projects and processes
7. Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
8. Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
9. Other duties as assigned.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.