ABOUT POET PLANT MANAGEMENT
Our 28 Bioprocessing facilities produce over 1.9 billion gallons of ethanol, 5 million tons of Dakota Gold distillers grain animal feed and 600 million pounds of our Voila® corn oil. That’s a lot of product! In addition, we provide CO2 to the beverage industry and contribute to sustainable roadways. We also buy 650 million bushels of corn per year from local producers. It is our role at POET Plant Management to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each facility.
Our Administrative Coordinators play an integral role at each of our facilities partnering with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the mission at POET. In this position, you will support the grain procurement team through interactions with local grain producers and administration of grain contracts. You will be the liaison between the human resources team and the local team members. You will be responsible for greeting visitors and ensuring they have an exceptional experience. You will have ownership of the mail, workrooms, and office supplies.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
• Supporting grain contract administration and periodic audits, while adhering to regulatory compliance.
• Building and maintaining relationships with local grain producers.
• Serving as the first point of contact for team member inquiries within the realm of Human Resources (with a dedicated Human Resources Team as a resource). You will need to be able to understand and educate team members on basic benefit inquiries, including facilitating leave of absences.
• Assisting with payroll processing on a biweekly basis, this includes having access to confidential information which makes having high integrity and discretion a daily expectation within this role.
• Facilitating the recruitment process including creating job requisitions and offer letters, coordinating preemployment screens, and facilitating completion of new hire paperwork and onboarding.
• Greeting visitors courteously (in-person and on the phone), determining their needs, and directing them as appropriate.
• Distributing the daily mail and maintaining workrooms and inventories of supplies.
• Coordinating lunches, team celebrations or events, fundraising campaigns, etc.
• Sharing best practices and identifying process improvements.
• Assisting external audits and filing requirements, including preparing schedules, gathering and providing explanations of supporting documentation and procedures, and preparing other necessary data.
• Being a champion for POET in the community.
• Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skills may be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• You have excellent organizational and time management skills.
• You enjoy and thrive in a setting where interactions with others is frequent and often with short notice. You have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
• You are dedicated to honesty, confidentiality, and ethical behavior in all business matters and assignments.
• You are detail oriented and a critical thinker.
• You are able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and changing environment.
• You are eager to learn and change the world – Never Satisfied.
• You understand the basics of Microsoft Office. You’re capable of learning new programs.
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.