ABOUT POET PLANT MANAGEMENT
Our 28 Bioprocessing facilities produce over 1.9 billion gallons of ethanol, 5 million tons of Dakota Gold distillers grain animal feed and 600 million pounds of our Voila® corn oil. That’s a lot of product! In addition, we provide CO2 to the beverage industry and contribute to sustainable roadways. We also buy 650 million bushels of corn per year from local producers. It is our role at POET Plant Management to ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations at each facility.
As the Inventory Specialist, you will be responsible for the requisition, inventory, and management of parts, tools and equipment to assure efficient and effective operation of the plant. You will be an integral part of a best-in-class maintenance program by supporting the inventory and planning processes through accuracy, efficiency, and collaboration.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
• Properly managing documentation records related to deliveries and inventory transactions.
• Maintaining accountability for all tools, equipment, and supplies.
• Maintaining a clean and organized storeroom and Shipping/Receiving areas.
• Working with the local leadership team by ordering parts and equipment as needed and maintaining optimized reorder points.
• Consistently maintaining strong inventory accuracy, while using sound practices to resolve issues and notify management of significant discrepancies.
• Reviewing obsolete parts and sharing with management options on how to handle.
• Take an active role in shutdown planning and proactively updates part availability.
• Operating the forklift for parts movement.
• Supporting periodic inventory audits.
• Actively maintaining the Bar/QR code labelling program.
• Responsible for coordination of plant mobile/EZMax Mobile devices.
• Coordinate and conduct onsite Maximo Training for new hires and at times assist other POET facilities with Maximo support and troubleshooting.
• Learn and understand the basic operation of the plant process to understand and anticipate plant needs.
• Coordinate work functions with fellow team members and other departments within POET.
• Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Having a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Having experience with maintenance managements systems such as Maximo is a plus.
• UpTime Elements Maintenance Reliability Certification or equivalent certification is also a plus.
• You have the ability to achieve and maintain forklift certification.
• You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to learn computerized accounting systems.
• You are a self-starter and take initiative, but are also able to work collaboratively with the team.
• You have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
• You are detail oriented and a critical thinker with the ability to exercise independent judgement.
• You are dedicated to honesty, confidentiality, and ethical behavior in all business matters and assignments.
• You are able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and changing environment.
• You are eager to learn and change the world – Never Satisfied.
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.